Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

When I die...

Ben was getting ready to leave for basic training. It was September 2009. I was sitting at the kitchen table working on a piece of crosstitch. I don't think it was this one. I was talking to Elizabeth on the phone and asked her if she would like something crosstitched. She quickly said "NO!" (she fervently dislikes crosstitch) I said, "Okay, I see how it is. I am going to die and all the things I have made will be shipped off to Goodwill!" She said, "Well maybe Ben's wife will have bad taste!" Can you believe this?  Ben, of course, says, "Well thanks a lot, Elizabeth, what does that say about her marrying me?" And then Elizabeth, true to form, is all worried that I am mad but I am actually laughing and plotting my revenge (see image at right).  I stitched this Mary Englebreit pattern for her and had it framed. I think, really think, she likes it. It was one of her Christmas presents that year. And as demonstrated in this picture, my heart is always hers. I love you, Elizabeth.

2 comments:

  1. I love the cross stitch and I love your story. It actually brings tears to my eyes--not the cross stitch. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom, you are such a tattle-tale! Lol. I really do love that cross-stitch. It's hanging in our room now. Love you!

    ReplyDelete