Pages

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Comfort Required

I have been reading and been inspired by several blogs lately. Mostly Elizabeth's blog and her friend Sarah's blog and this Pioneer Woman blog I discovered and more. I am amazed at their ingenuity and ability to communicate as well as how they find the time to be so creative on the computer. Elizabeth has urged me to write more here and I always think I will, just to capture THAT THOUGHT or THAT MOMENT. Right now though, I have been in a major funk. Struggling with several things which I won't detail but suffice it to say, my heart and mind cried out for relief! And so, I went to my craft room (aka Ben's old bedroom). He has a wonderful glass topped desk in there (which I hope he never wants back) and a great light and I began to create. Comfort was required. I NEEDED to create something. Ordinarily I would have gone to my chair with my knitting. That wasn't what was being called for tonight. No, something new and different.
I love paper. Paper of all kinds and textures and colors. I love glue and brads and embellishments and stickers and letters and pictures and putting something unexpected on a page. So I made a little bitty journal for Elizabeth. Here are some pictures of some of it.

2 comments:

  1. I suspect Elizabeth is going to love this...birds of a feather and all that....:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, Mama! It's beautiful! Gimme.

    I am so glad that you really did take the time to do something comforting for your own heart. I miss you. Wish I was there to do craft projects with you!

    ReplyDelete