Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Humility today

Today is a day of humility. Humbling myself and admitting I was wrong. Have been wrong. Will probably be wrong again. I have sinned against another human being very badly. With no thought given to it. Totally intentional to be proud and arrogant and controlling and all important and bossy. But not with the thought that I was SINNING against someone. And it comes to the fore in a very big way - today.
God is teaching me about humility. He has been for some time. And I have been so proud that He has been teaching me. Wow, Janet. Could it get any worse? Probably.
Today I ask for forgiveness. Today probably won't begin a whole new relationship with this person. And I am not even sure there will be forgiveness. But today I ask.
Today I don't try to explain why I have been abominable. Today I ask for forgiveness and admit my guilt and wrong. Today - one more step into understanding the depth of my sin and depravity and SELF and trusting that God has planned this and will use it to HIS glory.

And today I find joy in this that God loves me enough to discipline me. The hard way.

No comments:

Post a Comment